Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My 5 favorite New York venue views

If you are looking for a magnificent view in New York there are countless options.  But, if you want to throw a party where there's a great view the options are much more limited.  I have had the privilege to plan and design parties in venues with some of the most spectacular views you can imagine.  I thought it would be good to share what I consider to be among the best venues with a view in this great city.  Maybe one of these will be the perfect setting for your next party.


I have had the pleasure of planning several events at SoHi on the 46th Floor of the Trump Soho Hotel.  With floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides of the room the views are breathtaking.  I really enjoy starting an event just before sunset so you can see how the city evolves with the sun setting and the lights coming on.  It is really a great experience.



With the change in New York real estate there are so many raw spaces that just no longer exist.  That is why I was excited when The Glass Houses opened on the west side.  Not only are the views amazing, both of the spaces in the venue are really blank canvasses.  I have so much fun designing an event this type of space because I can totally use my imagination to make my client's dreams come true.



If you are planning a larger event with a view of Central Park you should definitely head over to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Columbus Circle.  Proceed to the 36th floor and you will be greeted by a beautiful view overlooking the park from this ballroom.  There is certainly a "wow" factor when your guests enter this amazing space with the shades down only to have them opened after guests are in the room, revealing the stunning view.  I have been fortunate to plan and design a number of events here, all of which were flawless. 



Just a few blocks from Trump Soho is Tribeca Rooftop, a large space with a lot of character and great views.  One of my favorite features in the space is the impressive staircase to the rooftop deck which was taken from the Palladium nightclub.  One of my favorite weddings here used the roof deck for the ceremony so guests could enjoy the view of the city while watching a very touching ceremony.  It was really a perfect New York setting.  You also should not miss their lower level space' Three-Sixty a full floor space also with great views.


Recently I had an opportunity to design a smaller gathering in the rooftop space of the new NoMad Hotel.  My client had been looking at a number of venues and as soon as she saw the room her mind was set.  This was THE place for the party.  It really is a wonderful setting for an intimate event.

If you are looking for the perfect spot for your next party I encourage you to check out these great options that are sure to please.

Until next time...

Cheers!

1 comment: