Friday, June 11, 2010

"Bethenny Getting Married?" Premier

-->
Last night was the premier of "Bethenny Getting Married?" on Bravo and I have to tell you watching it with Bethenny, Jason, Julie, Max and the entire production crew was like an out of body experience.  Sure I've done TV before and watched myself, but never have I been on a major network like Bravo with a major celeb like Bethenny Frankel. It was surreal, rewarding, nerve racking and life changing all at the same time!

As we were watching the show I was observing Max (BF's Assistant), because like me he had not seen any of the footage from the show prior to last night.  His reactions to what he said, how he looked all were pretty much what I was feeling inside.  Embarrassed, scared and the feeling that you have no control of the content as it is shown.  You don't have the power to hit the fast forward button so all the millions of viewers don’t see your un-finest moment. And I think he knew this would forever change the way he could order coffee at the deli.

The difference between Max and I is that I don't make my "grand entrance" onto the show until next week.  And by the looks of the promos (I'm not going to lie here) I am having a bit of an "oh poop" moment as I write this.  One, because looking at my facial expressions in the promo I look like I've got a nervous tick or I'm listening to strange voices in my head.  AND two it looks like Bethenny's already having trust issues with my planning - that's never a good a thing after the first meeting. "OH POOP"

I guess what I am trying to say is that you never know how the reality of what happened is going to come off on air.  I can't speak for Max, but I think he was feeling that last night - the uncertainty of his portrayal as well as the fact that this show could potentially change his life (my life) all our lives.

Today it hit me at how huge this could be for me and how this will change my life literally in front of millions of viewers.  In case you didn't see my Facebook Fan Page or my Tweet -  Bravo's "The Dish" put out a poll to see if I look like Arrested Developments star Tony Hale who portrays Byron "Buster" Bluth.  http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/buster-is-that-you 

Personally, I think this is hysterical!  There's actually a resemblance there - Mr. Hale I do apologize and wouldn't hate you if you disagree!  My point however, never before would people (millions) write to the show and say that I look like another celebrity.  It's bizarre to me…One thing I told Max and one thing I have to remind myself is that being in the spotlight like this you have to have a thick skin.  If you don't, the viewers will eat you alive. In the past I would have freaked out at the fact that someone was taking a poll to see if I looked like some "nerd" on a TV show.  Now, I think it's an honor and really funny!

Although uncertain of my portrayal on the show I can say for sure I am excited for what opportunities "Bethenny Getting Married?" will bring my way.  I know in my heart of hearts that I am a good hard working planner, a good designer, a good person, a good friend, a good brother, a good son, a good uncle and a good husband.  I know that I worked my butt off for Bethenny and Jason and I know that I can go to bed knowing all these things and wake up and be proud of who I am and what I've accomplished.  Having worked on this was one of the best experiences of my life and I am so excited that all of you get to experience the craziness, the laughs, the frustrations and the rewards that went into planning Bethenny and Jason's wedding.  I thank you all in advance for your love and support and I hope you enjoy the next four or five episodes as much as I enjoyed filming them.

No comments:

Post a Comment