I love fall! And with the first day of fall just around the corner I am excited to start cooking and decorating. So I thought I would share five of my favorite things you can do to make Fall Entertaining fun and easy!
1. Fall decorating doesn't have to be time consuming. A quick trip to the produce section at your grocer and you can get everything you need to decorate for the Fall like apples, pears, and even gourds! To keep decorating simple, use baskets, decorative bowls or vases you already have at home, fill them with a variety of gourds, apples and other seasonal fruits and veggies. This makes decorating easy, quick and colorful!
Rabido Tip -
Shop at home first for a variety of containers and baskets. No need to purchase new items!
2. You can do almost anything with a pumpkin. Carve out a large pumpkin, fill it with ice and chill your favorite beer and wine. Carve and fill a small pumpkin with your favorite pumpkin dip, or decorate a small pumpkin with an old fish net stocking! And my favorite idea is to carve a pumpkin, add a beer tap, fill with your favorite beer and, voila, you have a pumpkin keg! The possibilities are endless because there is so much more you can do with a pumpkin than just carving it! Check out the photos below for some really fun ideas.
Rabidon't Tip -
Don't over - think pumpkins. Let them speak to you. Paint them all one color like silver, gold or copper and they will make a beautiful and elegant addition to your decor that will last almost all season.
3. Apple cider cocktails are perhaps some of my favorite cocktails! Hot or cold, there are countless drinks you can create using apple cider. One of my favorites is this simple Salted Carmel Apple Cocktail. Mix 1/2 part vanilla vodka, 1 part salted carmel vodka, top off with apple cider. Sip, enjoy!
Rabido Tip -
Garnish with a cinnamon stick
4. Soups are the perfect fall comfort food. So hearty and delicious and really easy to make! I like to spend my Sunday's making tomato soup, fire roasted tomato chili, cauliflower soup and more. And the best part is; they stretch into other meals and are quick when you're on the go.
Rabido Tip -
Freeze your soups in 1 quart plastic freezer bags. Lie them flat in your freezer and they will take up little space and they thaw quickly on those really cold nights when you need something warm!
5. Wine and cheese parties are easy to plan and relativity inexpensive. Just pick-up your favorite wines, a variety of cheeses and a fresh baguette and you are ready to host family or friends for a great evening.
Or, if you want to add to the fun, ask your guests to bring a variety of red and white wines from different regions from around the world. You never know what new wines you're going to find!
All this talk of food, drink and entertaining have me wanting to rush off to the grocery store! Wishing all a happy Fall!
Until next time...Cheers!