Here is a list of some of my favorite spots in the city, and in no particular order:
1. Governor's Island – Great NYC getaway only moments from the city. Just like a quaint
New England fishing village steeped in history and it’s FREE!
Central Park – Too many good things to talk about! Go, enjoy & explore!
3. River Walk along the
Hudson River – There are so many interesting parks & things to do! Free kayaking and free museums you’ll never know what you find!
4. Sailing on the Adirondack - Take the sunset cruise with your honey and see
at night. A romantic experience like no other! Manhattan
5. Ardesia - Can't get enough of this Hell's Kitchen wine bar! Great wine, great food and happy hour from 5pm to 7pm Mon-Fri!
6. Best Mexican - Arriba Arriba! The BEST margs and salsa on the planet!
7. Favorite Burger - "5 Napkin Burger" Too many good things to list, but you MUST try their sushi…yes, they serve that too!
8. Favorite Grocery Store - Whole Foods, and in particular the cheese section. LOVE wine and cheese!
10. Limelight Marketplace – it’s just cute!
11. Crate&Barrel and CB2 (but I do have to say, very disappointed to see Z Gallery go away here on the east coast)
12. Sushi Samba – Amazing sushi platters that feed an army! Watch out their cocktails are potent!
13. Who doesn’t love pizza? Run to one of my all time favorite spots Johns Pizzeria. It’s a great
Times Square spot that offers a quality meal for a quality price. Perfect for before or after the theater.
14. Another favorite walk – The High Line. Walk where trains once operated. Also steeped in history this walk offers a look at New York States indigenous plants and trees all year round.
16. One of my all time favorite Italian restaurants, Il Vagabondo is a hidden gem on the east side. Directly out of “The Godfather” with a full
Bocce Court, this place has the most amazing lasagna you’ve ever tasted!
17. If you like paper and stationery run to Paper Presentations. It’s like the Baskin Robbins of Stationery!
18. If you like Red Velvet Cake and fresh baked bread like I do, go to any of Amy’s Bread locations throughout the city. They have the best fresh baked goods you’ve ever tasted. Perfect for the holidays! Get your order in early because the good stuff goes fast!
19. Like cupcakes…Forget about waiting in line at some of the other places check out CupCakeStop.com and taste some of their amazing flavors such as French Toast with Maple Syrup and bacon…AMAZING!
20. Looking to have a cocktail with a view? Go to the Mandarin Oriental Lobby Lounge. Fantastic drinks with a fantastic view of
Central Park. Perfect anytime of the year!
21. Who knew you could have cocktails in the library? Well you can at the Hudson Hotel's Library Bar. The perfect atmosphere after work or before hitting the town!
22. Nothing says Saturday morning like walking through Union Square Market. Fully stocked with fresh produce from the Hudson Valley, New Jersey and
this is a must stop if your looking to make a meal with fresh produce. The market is also open Friday’s! Pennsylvania,
23. Like chocolate? Run to Le Masion du Chocolate. They have the MOST exquisite chocolates I have ever tasted here in the city!
24. Although it’s name doesn’t do it justice, the Frying Pan located off of 26th St
reet and the West Side Highway is a “hot spot” of sorts. An old light ship (now converted to a bar) that is on the registrar of historic places, is something fun and out of the ordinary.
25. Looking to relax and decompress after your non-stop tour of my favorite places? Go to DownTime Massage and Skincare located in Hell’s kitchen. They make you feel like a million bucks with facials and full body treatments. They even do sugaring to make you smooth as a baby’s bottom. Check them out!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my tour and some of my favorite spots! What are some of your favorite NYC spots? Let me know on my Twitter or Facebook Fan Page! Would love to hear your thoughts!
Until next time, cheers!